Do you want to be part of a team that creates one of the world’s leading cloud-based Access Control software solutions?
We are seeking an experienced software developer looking to expand our services. Working at Feenics offers a unique opportunity to grow and directly impact the changing security market.
Feenics Inc. (www.feenics.com) is the developer of a leading cloud-based access control as a service (ACaaS) solution: Keep by FeenicsTM. It is the industry's most secure and agile cloud-based access control that can be managed from anywhere there is an Internet connection. Keep employs a friendly, intuitive and feature-rich user interface (UI) that uses a native Windows app, with robust features, as well as a web client and mobile clients. The platform is built using open architecture hardware for limitless interoperability, plus it is fortified by the security, disaster recovery and redundancy of Amazon Web Services (AWS). Feenics is a Select AWS Technology Partner.
As a Custom Solutions Engineer, you will be responsible for the development & maintenance of unique customer solutions.
This role requires interpersonal skills and technical expertise.
Some tasks you may be involved in include:
• Working with customers to understand unique requirements and develop solutions
• Evaluating scope of logged customer requests and defining delivery dates
• Manipulating data sources to perform batch changes
• Improving API documentation and providing sample apps
• Investigate escalated issues related to Keep by Feenics
• Building in-house automation tools to optimize various departments
• Assisting in educating internal personnel as well as customer base
Interested individuals must be willing to work in a changing environment with a growing product line.
New features and updates are released monthly and will require the ability adapt quickly and disperse that information reliable to customers.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one time
• Rapidly establish working relationships with customers
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP devices and network configurations
• Experience with software development and/or programming using C#
• Database experience with MongoDb and SQL
• Good interpersonal and customer care skills
• Excellent record keeping skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent experience
While these skills are not required, possessing these additional skills will provide a benefit within this role.
• Experience with Access Control hardware
• Familiarity in the Security Integration industry
• Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency
• Previous Customer Service experience
• Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Experience with Windows Server & Linux operating systems
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, ECS, Lambda, VPC)
• Experience with Docker
• Other web-based development experience
Hours and environment
Software Support requires you to work from the office 40 hours a week, typically from 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern per business hours. On-Call or afterhours projects may arise from time to time as customers are supported globally.
Most days will be spent working directly with customers and various Feenics departments.